What is CPC Tracking?

What is CPC Tracking?

CPC Tracking allows you to conveniently track and report your CPC requirements through your MyNCEES account.

Are there any fees associated with using CPC Tracking?

No. CPC Tracking is a free service.

Who can use the CPC Tracking Service?

Any engineer or surveyor can use the CPC Tracking Service.

How does CPC Tracking work? 

CPC Tracking provides a side-by-side comparison of a state’s requirements and your completed CPC courses.

How do I setup CPC Tracking?

To setup CPC Tracking, identify the state licensing boards for which you’d like to track and report your CPC requirements. You must select a tracking method and enter renewal information for each selected board.

Why do some state licensing boards allow me to select a tracking method?

Some state boards allow you to track your CPC requirement using their state requirement or the NCEES Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Standard. CPC tracking can be simplified by using the NCEES CPC Standard when available.

What is the NCEES Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Standard?

The NCEES CPC Standard requires licensees to acquire 15 PDHs in each calendar year, of which at least one must be earned in an area that focuses on professional engineering or surveying ethics or improving a licensee’s methods of business practice or operations.

How do I determine a state’s renewal period?

Renewal periods are determined by each state licensing board. Questions related to your renewal period should be directed to the appropriate state board.

How and when do I enter CPC course information?

Each time you complete a CPC course

  • enter the course information and corresponding professional development hours (PDH)
  • upload supporting documentation

What types of supporting documentation should I upload?

How do I track my progress?

Select a state and renewal period to view a side-by-side comparison of its  requirements and your completed CPC requirements.

Can I transmit my CPC to a state licensing board?

Yes. You can electronically transmit your information and documentation to a state licensing board for renewal purposes.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us